Thursday, August 12, 2010

More on Tracy Graham

No exciting news on these cards, except that now we know that Tracy's wife was called Lizzie - and that they had a niece named Anita. If you read the previous posts on Tracy Graham, you know that he was likely a real character.

I continue to dig through the cards, looking for more news on Tracy and his family.  The problem is that I very efficiently sorted the cards by events, holidays, and other categories. I realized, only too late, that I had separated a bunch of cards from one family or another that really should have been kept together. Many of the cards themselves are not that special; the family history and interactions are of more interest. The New Year's card was sent in 1913. There is no date on the other one.

The message reads:
Best wishes for a Happy New year to Uncle Tracy and Aunt Lizzie from their little Anita.

The message reads:
"The Season's Greetings."
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Maybe a novelist could take up a "postcard novel", revealing character and plot through exchanges of postcards. Tough slog getting an illustrated novel published, I suppose. Jack/Youngstown

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting fellow! On another note, it is so hard to figure out the most efficient way to organize postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack,
    It's not so far fetched. Your comment reminds me of the wonderful Griffin and Sabine books by Nick Bantock. They were based on letters rather than postcards though. I can't imagine how they were able to publish these books and sell them at a reasonable price. In any case, I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Amazoned Nick Bantock very quickly, and saw a snippet. Looked roughly what I was thinking of. Jack/Youngstown

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails